Friday, October 11, 2013

Catching Up! ...plus an Alaskan adventure!


It has been way too long since I've updated this!
I could go back and try to update each month, and I may do that at some point... but that seems like such an overwhelming task to do just to update to present time...
so I'll just start from now.:)



Miss Delilah is 27 months old today! 

She is talking and communicating and progressing perfectly.

There was a good 3 or 4 months around her 2nd birthday when I was worrying about her speech, but I quickly realized that Delilah is her own person, she moves at her own pace, and is doing so flawlessly. So I let it go, I quit stressing and dropped the constant attempts at speech lessons and just let her be... and she amazed me with her speech in no time.

Some of her favorite phrases are:

  • ohhh noo!
  • uh-oh!
  • I see, I go.
  • Where's Dada?
  • Let's go byebye, get shoes.
  • Let's go outside.


Her favorite foods are:

  • apples
  • Cheerios
  • baby corn
  • oatmeal
  • seaweed
  • string cheese
  • and apple juice!

She likes to dance, play outside, draw, help Mommy sweep, feed her fish, swing, and seeing dogs.


Delilah just went on her very first road trip!

We flew from LAX to Seattle, then to to Anchorage, Alaska! We stayed the night in Anchorage, drove to Fairbanks, stayed the nights, and drove back down to Anchorage.
We had the best time, everything went perfectly... and considering this was a last minute sporadic trip across Alaska, that is pretty awesome!
Here are a few pictures from our adventures!
 Day 1, Delilah finds a 'wishing flower' and gets up close and personal with the Alaskan Rail

 Mommy & Delilah at Mt. McKinley... the tallest mountain in North America!!

Mommy, Daddy, & Miss DK about to walk a trail at Mt. McKinley

Delilah giving Mommy leaves and rocks she found 

 Delilah exploring in the woods 


Delilah and Ryan climbed over the boulders to the rapids of the river! Pretty brave!

We stopped every so often to get out and explore, this particular stop was a really super experience! We climbed down the hills to the river, drank fresh Alaskan water, and collected rocks to throw off the bridge (Delilah's favorite part!)

Delilah and her Daddy! 

The Alaska Airline wing pendant on top was given to Delilah by am Alaskan Airlines flight attendant... she must have been a VIP flyer!


There's a good bit more pictures and some video footage of our trip, I just wanted to add some of the highlights. This was the smoothest most memorable trip I've ever been on, we had a wonderful time and will always look back on it and smile!

 I do believe Delilah proved to us she is a good traveler... more opportunities to come her way, I'm sure of it!

I suppose that is all for now. I will try to get back into the habit of updating this, until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment